FREE Letter from Santa - Create a personalized letter from Santa for your child.
Crock-Pot.com

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hi all! Sorry that it's been awhile since adding a new recipe. Life has been rather hectic and I haven't been home long enough to get on the computer for anything other than checking the weather report. I finally had a chance to dig out a couple recipes to share with everyone. The first is an appetizer that my family has always enjoyed. I really can't remember where it came from but I remember eating it as a kid. The other recipe is a great side dish that my sister gave me. I make this one all the time in the summer to go with hot dogs and hamburgers but it's great with anything. I hope you like them!

Spinach Balls

2 boxes frozen chopped spinach (cooked and drained)
2 cups Pepperidge farm stuffing
1 large chopped onion
6 beaten eggs
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. accent
2 tsp. pepper

Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate one hour. Shape into small balls and freeze for one hour. Bake for 20 mins. at 350. Enjoy!!!


Potato Casserole

2 pounds hash browns ( I prefer shredded and seasoned)
1 can cream of chicken or cream of celery soup (I use cream of celery)
1/4 cup onion, chopped
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. shredded cheddar ( I use extra sharp to give it some kick)
1 small bag of potato chips, crushed
1/4 cup melted butter
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and add the hash browns last. Spread into a 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle with the crushed potato chips. Bake, covered, at 350 for 50 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 10 minutes more. Enjoy!!!!

No comments: