FREE Letter from Santa - Create a personalized letter from Santa for your child.
Crock-Pot.com

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy November!

I can't believe that it's actually November 1st! Where has the year gone? I took down all my Halloween decorations this morning and pulled out all the turkeys. Just doesn't seem possible that the holiday season is already upon us! As usual I have been going through my recipes- much better entertainment these days as compared to the television ( I will turn it back on when the election season is over!). I have 2 new recipes that I would like to share with you. One I got from my sister and the other I have had so long that I don't remember where it came from! Either way, both recipes are delicious and I hope you enjoy them!

Turkey Sausage Stew

1/2 pound smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 in. slices ( I prefer to use the entire pound!)
1/2 cup sliced onion
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 can beef consomme
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I use carrots, broccoli and water chestnuts)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
hot cooked rice

In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown sausage and onion in hot oil. Stir in consomme, frozen vegetables and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat , cover and simmer 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp- tender. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir slowly into the stew mixture. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, about one minute; stirring constantly. Serve over hot cooked rice.


Chicken Fingers

1 pkg. chicken fingers (chicken tenders)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 cup milk

Mix egg in a bowl with the 1/2 cup milk. Place the bread crumbs in a dish; add garlic and parsley to the bread crumbs. Dip chicken fingers into the egg and then roll in the bread crumbs. Fry in 1/4 cup of oil for about 1/2 hour turning after 15 minutes.

Enjoy all!!!

No comments: