FREE Letter from Santa - Create a personalized letter from Santa for your child.
Crock-Pot.com

Friday, October 3, 2008

Another Great Recipe

I am still waiting for my first visitor so I thought I would add another recipe to the site. I have been going
through all my recipe books. It takes a lot of effort because they seem to be all over the place! Who has the time to keep them organized? With 2 kids who are very busy and a husband who is always on the go it's the last thing I worry about. I am hoping to change that because it certainly would make it easier to share them with all of you. I am new at this so please be patient with me! Maybe we can grow together. My family history is very important to me and it's something that I want to preserve for my kids and their kids.
Before I share my latest recipe I thought I might tell you a little more about my family. I have two wonderful little girls named Amanda and Kaylee. Amanda is 9 and she is my Einstein. She is scary smart and I have no idea where that comes from! Kaylee is 5 and she's my 'free spirit'. She is very easy going and always happy. My girls get along great (most of the time!). Needless to say we have had our share of adventures! Maybe this site could be used to share family stories as well- if anyone out there is interested! I love to hear funny stories about kids- especially now that mine are getting older and are gone to school all day. I would love to hear all the funny little things they do or the funny ways that they say things- I miss that so much! So enough of my chatter- here is another recipe! Feel free to share!

Aunt Nikki's Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup peanut butter (sometimes I add a little more!!!)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350. In a bowl mix shortening and peanut butter. Add sugar and brown sugar; still until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla. In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into peanut butter mixture. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet- press down lightly with a fork. Bake approximately 10 minutes or until light brown on the edges. Let cool for 1 minute and enjoy!

No comments: