FREE Letter from Santa - Create a personalized letter from Santa for your child.
Crock-Pot.com

Friday, October 24, 2008

Childhood favorite

Here it is a cool frosty morning in New York and I am going through my recipe book once again. Days like there make me look harder for those recipes that always warm you up on the inside and help you get through your day. I pulled out one of my very favorites. Mom made this one a lot when we were kids and it brings back many great memories for me. My kids love this recipe although my youngest only eats the noodles with the sauce on it. Heaven forbid anyone eats the meat in it or the mushrooms! Here it is- enjoy!!!

Beef Stroganoff

1 pound beef tenderloin or sirloin
2 tablespoons margarine
1/2 lb. mushrooms (canned or fresh)
1 medium onion, minced
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon flour (I actually prefer to use cornstarch- I think it tastes better in this recipe)
1 cup sour cream
Hot cooked noodles

Cut eat into 1 inch strips. Melt butter and add mushrooms and onion until tender. Add meat and cook until done (15-20 mins.). Save 1/3 broth, stirring in remaining broth, ketchup,garlic and salt. Simmer 15 mins. Blend broth and flour (or cornstarch) and add to the pan. Heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Stir in sour cream. Once heated serve over hot cooked noodles.

Happy Fall everyone!!!

No comments: