FREE Letter from Santa - Create a personalized letter from Santa for your child.
Crock-Pot.com

Monday, October 13, 2008

Great meal for dinner and so easy to make!

Hi everyone! Time to add another recipe. I have had this one since high school and it has always been one of my favorites. It is so easy to make. My 9 year old daughter loves this recipe as does my husband. Now getting my 5 year old to eat it is another thing. All she wants are the noodles. I guess we all have to have one child that is fussy don't we? Anyhow, I love this recipe and I have made it many times. I tweak things my own way to make it taste how I want. I love garlic so I tend to go overboard with it. This is one of those meals that you can change to your own taste. I hope you like it as much as I do!

Lemon Clam Sauce for Linguine (serves 6)

1/2 cup butter or margarine
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed ( I use garlic salt when I don't have fresh garlic- the more the merrier!)
2- 6oz. cans of chopped clams, reserve the liquid
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup Parmesan cheese (opt.)
1 tablespoon parsley
1 1/2 lbs. linguine, cooked according to package directions
1/4 bay leaf (opt.)

Heat 3 tablespoons of margarine and the olive oil in a saucepan. Saute onion and garlic until tender but not brown. Add the reserved clam liquid, lemon juice, parsley and bay leaf. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Remove the bay leaf. ( I don't use the bay leaf and it tastes great). Stir in the clams and cooked until heated thoroughly. Add the remaining butter. Stir until melted. Pour the sauce over the hot linguine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

tymackmom said...

Here's a recipe for you: Stuffed Pepper Soup

2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 c. onion (optional)
1-28 oz. tomato sauce
1-28oz. diced tomatoes
2 c. cooked rice
2 c. green pepper
2 beef boullion cubes
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Brown hamburger and drain. Add all other ingredients except rice. Simmer until peppers are tender. Cook rice according to package and add to soup, serve.

Tastes really good on a cold fall day! Enjoy!

mrsfred9796 said...

That one sounds delicious!!!